[COLLATION] Completed and Submitted Challenges Not Recorded

• About a third of challenges in Basic JavaScript
  • [Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Safari/605.1.15]
  • MacOS BigSur 11.5.2.
  • No
  • Yes
  • Ukraine

UPD1: Now I have completed 9 more exercises and it did it again!
UPD2: Now also my Responsive Web progress got deleted!
UPD3: I have investigated the issue and it seems like the problem is with the Safari browser (at leat in my case). I tested the issue on Windows and it was not present. I also tested the issue on MacOS with Opera GX browser and it was also not present. While I have located the issue, I still have no clue on how to fix it.

1 Like

Unchecked exercises are the first 22 challenges of the CSS Beginners course
I did these exercises on my iPad Air using AppStore’s current and up to date version of Mozilla Firefox.
Back in 2019 and again in 2020 (you know when :wink: ) I had completed the 44 lessons in the html course on my desktop running Windows 10 with no issues. I plan to check once I have access to this computer agin.
None of the other questions have a positive answer for my case .
I can only check on desktop again next Monday.
Location is France.

I was using Safari on MacOS before. I since switched back to Chrome. I’ll see if that resolves the issue. If it doesn’t i’ll create a post with the requested information. Thank you for the prompt response. Have a blessed day.

1 Like
  1. Initial HTML block of 28
  2. Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.1 Safari/605.1.15
  3. iPad 7 software version 14.6
  4. I used my iPad while away and wanted to continue from the mac but it didn’t flow through and everything is missing on the iPad too now
  5. No
  6. Brisbane, AU
  7. Luckily when I was trying to update my profile settings I hit the download data button and it spat out a file that shows them complete. If I download the same file now there’s nothing showing but i can send the file so you can see.

Hi All, I’ve completed around 20 tasks on the javascript section but after logging out then logging back in nothing has saved, it says I’ve done 0/111? Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @Syxx !

Welcome to the forum!

I moved your post over to this thread.

Read through the first post and answer the questions.
This will help FCC to identify the issue.

Loving the course, but every day, I’m losing a lot of work. I’m using Safari - I’ve disabled all browser extensions and cleared caches etc, but it doesn’t seem to make much difference. Completed modules appear in my user profile, but then they disappear at a random point - sometimes very frequently like after two or three modules, other times just when I log out and log back in. The extra practice is great, but it’s a bit demotivating - can anyone advise?

you don’t have to complete again the same challenges, you can leave them uncomplete. I am going to merge your topic with the master topic in which we are keeping all the reports for this issue, can you provide the debugging data requested in the first post?

1 Like
  1. Was affected throughout HTML and CSS courses so far
  2. Safari
  3. MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2
  4. Initially I did switch between computer and ipad, but I stopped doing that when I noticed this problem.
  5. No
  6. Ireland
  7. Reasonably good / fast broadband internet - usually fairly solid.

Hi, I’ve completed “Basic HTML and HTML5” and “Basic CSS” while signed in with my GitHub account, but when I open the curriculum page all the progress seems to be gone.

I am merging this topic with the master topic we are using to collect all reports on this issue, please provide the debugging infos requested in the first post, thank you

Hello. When I code the next day and click “Go to current challenge,” I am back to where I started the previous day. What should I do?

Hi @avilesmiguelnicolasv !

Welcome to the forum!

I moved your post over to this thread.

Read through the first post and answer the questions.
This will help FCC to identify the issue.

Hi there,
I’ve lost all my process.

1. Challenge(s) affected: JavaScript all 111 challenges in Basic JavaScript and 29/31 challenges in ES6

2. Your [browser user agent ]: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.3 Safari/605.1.15

3. Your OS: MacOS Big Sur

4. Do you use more than 1 device to interact with https://freecodecamp.org ?
    No

5. Do you use more than 1 browser tab with https://freecodecamp.org , when completing the curriculum?
    No

My FreeCodeCamp account is linked with Google account redacted email address by mod
Could you please restore the challenges so I can continue learning? I will continue completing further challenges but could you please restore the challenges so that I can get Certificate when I’ve done?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome @hadewpazel .

Thank you, for providing that information.

I have removed your email address, because bots crawl these forums looking for information to steal/spam.

Note: Challenges are not required to claim the certificates. Only the 5 projects at the end are required.

You can confirm the requirements, at the bottom of each superblock:

Hope this clarifies

Good morning! Got my Responsive Web design certification yesterday, but woke up today to find:

I suppose it’s not important since I already have the certification completed, but it’s odd that it happened nevertheless

1. You never need to redo challenges for any reason besides your personal learning journey. They are not required for the certifications.
  2. When the “current challenge” doesn’t update correctly, you can always go to the challenge you want by finding it on the curriculum page.
  3. This appears to be a bug that is affecting users inconsistently. I have moved your post to a topic in the freeCodeCamp Support subforum to try to understand and diagnose the issue. If you refer back to the first post in this thread you’ll see a list of questions about how you’re experiencing the bug.