[COLLATION] Completed and Submitted Challenges Not Recorded

i,ve started this course and done about 12 or more exercises but it doesnt appear to be saving any of my work.I cant find any of my work being recorded and saved.
When i log in it takes me back to the first exercise, so frustrating i dont know whats happening. Has anyone one else had this??

I moved your post over to this thread.

Read through the first post and answer the questions.
This will help FCC to identify the issue.

1. About the first dozen. When completed pressed ctrl + enter.
  2. Windows Nt 10 , Win64: x64.
  3. Windows 10.
  4. No.
  5. No.
    6.UK , West Yorks.
  6. Nothing is saved afer pressing ctrl+enter. My previous work on HTML,CSS, and JS is logged From last year to beginning this year, but none of my work from beginning of october is logged.
    Bazwaah.
1 Like

Also concerned because I finished the whole HTML5 section of Responsive Web Design.

1. The entire first HTML and HTML5 module of Responsive Web Design
  2. Chrome 95 [ Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 14_8 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/95.0.4638.50 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1]
  3. iOS iPad 14.8
  4. No
  5. No
  6. USA
  7. None

Hi All,

I faced a serious difficulty today morning IST as my completed topics reset by itself. I got shocked by seeing it because all my hardwork of past two weeks went in vain. I would like to know why this happened and wonder whether freecodecamp know about this issue.

If this issue persists it may affects other leaners as well.

I would like to bring this issue into your notice because of expecting a quick fix on this. Thank You.

Best Regards
Varun Vaidyanathan

I am sorry that your challenge progress was erased.
But if it helps, the challenges do not count towards the certificates.
Only projects do.

Until the issue is resolved, try to mentally keep track of where you left off.

Hope that helps!

I have completed the Basic CSS and Basic HTML courses in Responsive Web Design. Once I completed them, I checked my profile, and they showed up in my history. However, when I logged on the next day on the same machine (and then tried on a different one), the completion of the challenges was not saved.
To be clear: I am not concerned about the code itself being saved. It is not saved that I completed it. This has happened the two times I have worked on freecodecamp. How can I save my progress? I would have to take the whole thing in one sitting to get the certificate.
I have used the same GitHub and email address. I tried to log in with my other email address in case, and no progress was there either.

1. Challenge(s) affected: Entirety of Basic HTML & Basic CSS
  2. Your browser user agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Safari/605.1.15
  3. Your OS: MacOS
  4. Do you use more than 1 device to interact with https://freecodecamp.org ? No
  5. Do you use more than 1 browser tab with https://freecodecamp.org , when completing the curriculum? No
  6. Optional (No need to be specific): Louisiana, USA

Welcome @kkreine ,

I have moved your post here, where we are trying to keep track of this bug. Please read the first post, and answer the questions.

Please note: You only need to complete the 5 projects at the end to claim the certificate.
So far, no one has had problems saving their projects that we know of.

Hello, thank you! I did not know that last part. Your help and response is appreciated.

I completed more than 70% of the first block of the Python course, but when I left the site and went back, all the progress flew off. I tried to start over, but everything repeats:(

HI @foxmael13 !

Welcome to the forum!

Hello,

I ran into this issue at least 3 times before under the first 3 categories in responsive web design. Below is the information for the most recent one.

1. applied visual design
  2. Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1 Safari/605.1.15
  3. mac
  4. no
  5. only when I need to click “get hint”
1 Like

1- Scientific Computing with Python
2-User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.45 Safari/537.36
3- Windows 10 Pro (20H2)
4- Yes, I’ve used 2 computers to progress this course (both with same OS)
5- Yes
6- Argentina
thx!

This is my situation: ( 5 projects are done flawless)

1 Like

I have completed the respective tasks for each module, but whenever I close the freecodecamp.org website or if I return to the homepage and revert to the current challenge, all my progress is lost and I return to the tutorial with arrays (My progress bar is also stuck at 41%, shown in the image attached). I have already tried clearing all the cookies and also have completed the tasks more than thrice. If this is some issue in my browser, please help me solve it, or if someone kindly provide me with a way to contact the devs of the site, it would be of great help! Thanks in advance.

Hi @Comik_Storm !

Welcome to the forum!

@jwilkins.oboe Thanks for this, anyways, after reading this post, I tried out some things and it’s working again.
To answer the questions:

1. Use Bracket Notation to Find the Nth Character in a String
  2. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.45 Safari/537.36
  3. Windows 10 x64
  4. No
  5. No
  6. India

So what I did was I basically went to the challenge that I had passed most recently via the detailed index and then when I started solving it again, I was able to save the progress.
Hope this can help some others stuck here.
Thanks again!

1 Like

To whoever is watching this and experiencing the issue. Would you mind PMing me your freecodecamp.org/learn username, and I will investigate further.

Thank you.

Hello! I was working on the curriculum and was able to finish all the html and 1/3 of CSS. IS there anyway I can get it back?
Thank you!

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

A list of your completed challenges is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your public portfolio. With a growing curriculum already over 1,400 lessons and a community of millions of people, FCC does not store every solution to every challenge in its database. When you complete a challenge, there is a modal that gives you the option to download your solution. This gives you the option to save a copy of any solution that you may want to reference later. There are some challenges which are classified as projects required for certifications. Your solutions to those can be viewed on your settings page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache when you run tests. If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then your local storage has been cleared or something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

You have probably met this bug:

We are still trying to figure out what’s going on.

I am merging this thread to there and if you can please answer to the first post questions.
And also PM your username on the learn platform as asked here:

Note that the only thing you need to complete to get a cert is the projects so do not worry too much.

1 Like