Colored markers step 48

I can not get this code to pass and it looks identical to what is in the hint. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I updated my browser because I noticed someone had a similar issue with step 49 and that was the advice given to them. Thanks

.blue {
  background-color: hs1(240, 100%, 50%);
}

:heavy_multiplication_x: Sorry, your code does not pass. Don’t give up.

Hint

Your .blue CSS rule should have a background-color property set to hsl(240, 100%, 50%) .

Hey there :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks like you’ve got a small typo, and this one tripped me up for half an hour when I first encountered it.

Look at hs1 vs hsl, you notice the last character is slightly off? One is using the number one “1” while the second is using the lower case letter “L” 12th letter in the alphabet.

2 Likes

I hate when it’s something so simple makes me feel silly posting it on the forum. Thank you!

1 Like

My pleasure!

Don’t worry too much about “simple mistakes”. They are all just part of the learning process, and from what I’ve seen they won’t ever go away completely.
Just recently I spent 15 minutes trying to get some CSS to work, and then realized I hadn’t closed the previous selector :joy:

The l does look a lot like a 1.

The name of the function is short for “hue, saturation, lightness” → hsl

The HSL color model, or hue, saturation, and lightness, is another way to represent colors.

Anyway, you are most definitely not the first to mistake an l and a 1 so don’t feel bad about that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.