Comment h1 and p but not h2

Hello, how can i comment h1 and p but not h2 ? i am having an issue with this.

Your code so far

<!-- Comment -->
<h1>Hello World</h1>
<!-- Comment -->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!-- Comment -->
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Comment out HTML

Link to the challenge:

Hi @shanell, welcome to the forum!
Could you be a little more specific about what you are having trouble with? The more you tell us, the easier it will be for us to help you.

Wrap any elements you want to comment out with <!--- and -->
You will have to do this for both your h1 and p–don’t try to do it with only one comment.
Good luck!

Currently you do not have any code commented out. You have the word “Comment” commented out 3 times.
Everything that is in between <!-- and --> is commented out. Everything outside of those symbols is not commented out.

2 Likes

Hello I tried to put different words in there but the CatPhotoApp still appears this is my code right now:

<!-- Hello World-->

<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<!-- Kitty Cat-->

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

I dont know if i’m doing it right but the assignment is: Comment out your h1 element and your p element, but not your h2 element.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

What you currently have commented out are the words “Hello World” and “Kitty Cat”.
Do you see how both of those are in between sets of <!-- and -->? That’s what makes them comments.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.