Comment just the h2 help

Hello, I have to comment just the h2 and uncomment h1 And p :slight_smile: What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Your code so far

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!--
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/73.0.3683.68 Mobile/15E148 Safari/605.1.

Welcome to the forums @Ravenclaw. Just to be clear, is this the lesson you’re referring to?
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html

From what I can see, you’re doing nothing wrong. Try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps.
You could also try switching browsers. It’s best to use Chrome.

Just as I hit enter to send my reply I saw your user agent header says you’re on an iPad. Just read earlier today, and I quote, " The code editor used in FCC is not mobile friendly" so that may be your issue.

1 Like
<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!--
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

Hi @Ravenclaw

An HTML comment begins with <!–– and the comment closes with ––> , so you are doing it wrong, try to surround the <h1> tag and remove the <!-- --> from the h2 and p tags.
1 Like

@driftking301, it’s good that you were able to solve the challenge but one of the things that the forums are trying to discourage is posting answers. Rather, try and help the person asking the question find the answer rather than telling it to them.

1 Like

You did exactly opposite of what you were supposed to do!

1 Like

You’re making your h1 a comment. So the HTML code won’t print Hello World to the freeCodeCamp console. Conversely, you’re not surrounding your h2 with comment tags. Try swapping the format around.

1 Like

Hi, thank you everyone for this.
I just thought I’ll learn HTML (I come from a non tech background) and one of my friend recommended this site.
And I got confused between comment and uncomment, like it’s a bit confusing to remember this coding language, nonetheless, I had to uncomment just the h2. :slight_smile:
And yes, I was using iPad. Just turned on my lap and tried the code, Voila! It worked! :slightly_smiling_face:
And I really appreciate all these responses. Never knew the community was so responsive and helpful. I hope to contribute like you guys one day.
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

TLDR: Used lap instead of iPad and the issue was solved! Same code, different device :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I never put the answer of the challenge, if you look carefully I only quoted the same code of @Ravenclaw, aditionally I put some info about comments in html, please read twice.

My apologies…I stand corrected

Don’t worry, have a nice day! :slightly_smiling_face: