Comment out HTML bb

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<!-—Hello World-—>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<!-—Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.-—>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 EdgiOS/42.6.1 Mobile/16A404 Safari/605.1.15.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html

1 Like

Your h1 and p tags are gone from Hello World and Kitty ipsum…

Hi Dany,
Thanks for you reply. I removed them because it did didn’t work with them as well. Please take a look at the picture
Thanks for your response
Regards
Kiril

It looks like it should work. Can you try with chrome? I don’t think edge is supported.

Same with chrome and safari as well

Can you try to copy and paste the following code? It works for me.

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!--
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

EDIT: Also, please paste your code here so I can take a look.

Hi there, thanks for your help. I’ve just made it on my laptop chrome. Is it designed for chrome only? I made my first four on edge on my tablet, the fifth has stuck… Didn’t work on my tablet chrome as well, apparently chrome installed on my laptop works…

Hi,
Not sure if I’m seeing it correctly–but in the first code snippet it looks like the text editor turned some of the dash-dashes (--) into em dashes ()? Some text interfaces/text editors do that automatically, and that could definitely break the comment markup.
Happy coding!