Comment out HTML p attribute

Tell us what’s happening: it is saying that I need to comment out and it isn’t working

Your code so far

<!-—<h1>Hello World</h1>hi im a comment-—>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<!-—<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>code -->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html

Comments start with <!-- and end with -->. Instead you are starting with <!-— and ending with -—>

Plus, you should not be adding any extra text inside the comment or the test will fail.

It’s asking me to comment out my p> element so that it is not visible on my page I’ve started it with the opening <!— <p sample text

—> and closing but it keeps failing

You need to look very carefully at what you are starting it with. Comments start with <! following immediately by two dashes --. Your dashes are not normal dashes. One of them is longer than the other. If you have made changes and are still not passing the tests, post your code in a reply.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

1 Like

Your problem is because you’re on an iPad, which is substituting two dashes with one long dash. You need to turn off “smart punctuation”, which is found under Settings > General > Keyboard.

1 Like

WORKED! Thank you! I knew I was doing the code right