Comment out won’t work

Tell us what’s happening:
It keeps saying I’m doing something wrong. Is it the iPhone?

Your code so far

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-—>
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!-—
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html/

It seems that instead of using the short dash you should be using you have a longer dash that is not recognised

Try turning off smart punctuation

Also, the curriculum works best with a desktop device, it is not really compatible with a touch screen

1 Like

A quick shortcut that also works in visual studio code editor. if you select the line or lines that you want to comment, and hit ctrl + / , it will comment out the lines automagically.

1 Like

The long dashes in your code are messing you up. Have a close look at each one.
-J

1 Like

I have the exact same problem, I don’t have em or en dashes here, and the preview seems fine:

But when I try to test it out, I get that message. Any help?

I even copypaste the comment brackets from the h1 element as the system seems to recognize that as correct, and yet I am still getting an error.

ìt seems something is interfering with the tests here. DO you have any extensions installed? could you try removing those? try with an other browser?

You can pass to next lesson going trough the curriculum if you are stuck there

Thank you, I run Firefox in the safe mode and it worked! I’ll have to check out which one of these extensions is interfering. Maybe uBlock. Thanks again!