Completed my Technical Doc Page

View Project Here
Any tips or feedback would be welcomed. Thank you

Your page looks good @teamie. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors. (You can also ignore the warnings regarding sections lacking headings. These are semantic warnings, not errors)
  • All of your code snippets seem to be in unordered lists.
    Rather than doing that, you can nest those code snippets in an HTML element to preserve whitespace and line breaks. I’ll leave it to you to research that.
    Or there’s a property: value; pair you can use in CSS to preserve whitespace and line breaks. Again, I’ll leave it to you to research.
  • Just a word of caution when using this. overflow-x: hidden; will completely hide anything that extends outside its container element horizontally. It’s recommended to not do this, and refactor your CSS to be more responsive - otherwise it is possible for your site to appear to be missing content.

On a side note, comments in code should be informative to anyone reading the code, or to yourself in the future, if the piece of code is hard to understand.
To have comments as a sort of checklist is not such a good idea. You should remove them after you’re done.

1 Like

Hello, @Roma Thank you for the feedback. I have made all necessary adjustments.

• No HTML errors just warnings regarding using heading tags h2-h6
  • I was able to get the same result nesting my code snippets inside of a pre although I also tried using the code and   also learned the CSS white-space: pre . Kindly check out the changes and give feedback.
  • I also made my CSS more responsive and took out the overflow-x: hidden to prevent my contents from being cropped off.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.