Concern, among other things

I finished all the classes for the (Responsive Web Design Certification (300 hours))
and just need to do the the projects. its now like 1 or 2 weeks and I have yet to begin the first project.

I’ve been debating on who should I do for the “Tribute Page” as almost everyone I think of doing a Tribute for,
doesn’t deserve to have a tribute page made for them because of some criminality they have done before they have
passed away.
So I’ve been giving it some thought going through a bunch of people that would deserve a tribute page from me.
:confused:

I don’t know whats wrong with me, but this is what has been going on with me lately…
Though, I did jump into the Javascript portion of the course.
The -->> (Javascript Algorithms And Data Structures Certification (300 hours))
Until I figure out who I should make a tribute page for, So I could then continue finishing the projects to get my certificates / certificate.
Though some would say getting the certificate is not that important, but for me it is.
Reason being for (me) its a sense of accomplishment that I finished something and reach the finish line.
Yes, the course is more important and obtaining the knowledge from it and learning it well.
But the certificate is a sense of accomplishment for (me)… sorry, but I dont know how else to explain it.
Anyways, still debating a week after finishing the course to begin the tribute page, I have yet to know who deserves it.
:confused:

oh youth!

How about one of these people:

• Sal Khan (khan academy founder)
  • your mom
  • your dad
  • any random baby
  • a flower (yes, you can make a tribute about any living/dead thing)
  • the sun
  • the NASA program
  • fav dinosaur

:slight_smile: I think you get the gist…

It’s ok to procrastinate, just don’t do it for too long…

You’re definitely overthinking this. I’ve seen tribute pages for world events, avacados, people’s cats, historical figures, and the developer themself.

See also any of the suggestions in this similar thread:

If you can’t decide between a few different ideas, you can even use code to choose which one to do:

const choices = ['Princess Leia', 'Santa Claus', 'Gandhi'];

console.log('Your randomly selected choice:', choices[Math.floor(Math.random() * choices. length)]);

Don’t over think the who, the whole point of FCC is the how. (Don’t think about the what in general)

Don’t let the “gamification” of learning get to you, getting the certificates is nice, but the real value of FCC, is the knowledge. FCC can burn down tomorrow and take all your progress with it, but unlike say spending all your time playing some game, you walk away with all your “points” and nothing can take that away from you.

Now if you wanted to do the project you can pick anyone/anything/anywhere. It doesn’t matter, the content, Id be more concerned with the presentation, you can pick the “best possible person”, but if the end result is a plain/crude/boring static web-page id consider it a “meh” project.

At the end of the day if you don’t want to think or your thinking to much about it, just skip the project and move onto the JS lessons. Keep going until your tired of it and then do the project in your spare time. There’s a lot to learn, best not to sit around thinking about it to much hehe.
:smile:

2 Likes