Conditional logic with If statements

This is telling me " trueOrFalse(false) should return “No, that was false”,".
Where did I get the code wrong?

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

// Example
function ourTrueOrFalse(isItTrue) {
if (isItTrue) {
  return "Yes, it's true";
}
return "No, it's false";
}

// Setup
function trueOrFalse(wasThatTrue) {

// Only change code below this line.
if (true) {
  return "Yes, that was true";
}
return "No, that was false";
}
// Only change code above this line.

// Change this value to test
trueOrFalse(true);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.120 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Use Conditional Logic with If Statements

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/use-conditional-logic-with-if-statements

Careful with the syntax! You are supposed to be testing the variable wasThatTrue, but you are instead testing the value true. The value true is always true, so your function will always return "Yes, that was true"!

Your following if statement will always evaluate to true, because true is truthy. You should be making a comparision to the argument passed to your function. Think about what variable that is available to your function you could use instead.

You have to set your condition in function TrueorFalse (wasThatSet) as true ,declaring as your parameter

You’re absolutely right @camperextraordinaire, in fact I deleted the solution and tried to explain what was wrong
I’m so sorry :pensive:.

1 Like

Oh by Golly, wasn’t that the truth!? :joy::joy::joy: I have finally figured it out. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Yes I have figured out the variable that needed to be used. It took me quite a bit of time to get this one. Many thanks.

Thank you @camcode. I have figured it now, thanks for your help.