Confused on instruction passed it but why this way

Continuing the discussion from Step 96 - Keyframes wavepoint:
The reason i was saying this is due to lesson 96 saying to have 4 10% but now they were removed so why so we do that is in this lesson we didnt need 4 10 % first?

If you need help with this step, please paste your code in here so we can see what you did and give you better help.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. You may also be able to use Ctrl+e to automatically give you the triple back ticks while you are typing in the this editor and the cursor is on a line by itself. Alternatively, with the cursor on a line by itself, you can use the </> button above the editor to add the triple back ticks.

Please review the MDN doc linked in this reply: [@keyframes - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN (mozilla.org)] -
(@keyframes - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN). This shows an example and explains the logic behind the CSS rule.

I need to know what I should do before I show what I mean. The new policy says I am not able to give the answer on my code. I have both of the steps done. My question is regarding why the first step I do it with more then one certain percent and then next steps its gone and removed afterward? I dont understand from molliza why. with caculations, then its different next step?

Hi!
You can share your solutions to a lesson if:

1. You aren’t giving it to another user to solve their coding problem for them.
  2. You aren’t sharing the solution for the sake of sharing it.
  3. You use spoilers so it is blurred and must be clicked on to be seen.

It is fine to share your lesson solution if you are asking for feedback or help understanding the lesson.

This is how you add spoilers to text.

[spoiler]This text will be blurred[/spoiler]

Put this around your code block and it will be fine to post here. :slight_smile:

K before I send it, two questions if you can guide me please. When I put the code with the three back ticks on top and bottom, do I delete the preformatted text inside the spolier alert. And How do I now when I check it beforehand that it is doing it correct.

How are you generating the spoiler? Because you can highlight the code and then click ‘blur spoiler’ and there shouldn’t be any preformated text.

At worst I can just use my mod powers to edit it. You won’t be told off for not getting the formatting right first time, don’t worry. :slight_smile:

@keyframes wave {
  10% {

}
    20% {

}

10% {

}
  30% {

}
  10% {

}
  40% {

}
  10% {

}
  50% {

}
}

and this is what it looks lke next lesson after it @keyframes wave {

10% {

}
  20% {

}
  30% {

}
  40% {

}
}

Thank you. Now it is easy to understand the issue you are bringing up.

First, Step 96 is not saying to have four 10%s. It is saying to have four waypoints, the first one starting at 10%, and then the next three each going up by 10% from the previous one. So you should have only 10%, 20%, 30%, and 40%.

But it does look like you have discovered a bug in the tests for Step 96. The tests appear to just be checking that you have at least one 10%, one 20%, one 30%, and one 40%, but they don’t care if you have more than one of any of those. And they also don’t care if you have any other percentages in there. They just care that you at least have the required percentages.

I’m guessing that this should probably be fixed. Would you like to open up an issue in github about it?

actually lets do it now. I am on the link you sent shoud not wait your right.

I agree, it is probably a good idea for you to open up the issue. Just to reiterate, these are the two main issues with the step:

• The tests allow duplicate waypoints for the four required percentages.
  • The tests allow other waypoint values not specified in the instructions.

There is no rush. Get to it when you can in the next few days. Also, if you feel the instructions are not clear enough then you can bring that up as well. If you do, make sure you explain why you think the instructions are not clear and a suggestion for how to make them clearer.

k. I think I will try now. Not going to sleep yet. I will for sure define your advice on the two. I will also explain why I thought from instructions to do four.

all set you are welcome to go look and touch it up with freecodecamp for a more in depth look with your super powers lol.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.