Construcive Criticism: My Survey Form

Okay everybody… Tear my page apart.

https://codepen.io/thefabled1/pen/xxRNdyJ

I’m looking for feedback from you lovely people, on ways I could improve my template for the Survey form or what I’m doing wrong with my HTML/CSS code.

I also noticed I had an issue with the background image so instead what I decided was to grab a different image currently being used and I happen to like it. However when you go past standard Desktop Browser resolution or even down to Mobile phone, the border displays the white background up top.

Browser Details:
User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.116 Safari/537.36 .

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.90 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

For where you are in the curriculum, it looks great,

I never bother reading too much into the code unless something looks wrong in the interface

… having said that you’ve got your inputs wrapped in your labels which is a bit weird? Unless this is a new way of writing html check HTML input tag

Maybe just blur out / filter the background image a bit so there’s more visual focus on the form elements…

Your form looks good @TheFabled1. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 15/17 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

Your form looks too much like the sample. Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.

• The projects aren’t just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.
  • The hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.
2 Likes

Thanks for that Miketandy, i’ll be sure to fix that up a bit. I plan on updating it and resubmitting the page code as I’m happy that I got it fully functional now I just want to customize.

Thanks Roma, you are right. I guess I just wasn’t too confident in my skill & learning capacity. Now that I understand what I’m looking at, I’m going to go back, re-adjust and customize my survey form project. I’ll go ahead and remove the fork testing script. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.