Correct solution for .env challenge not being accepted!

Tell us what’s happening:
I am positive that my solution is correct. I have actually used the app and can confirm that my application is doing what is asked in the exercise.

App link: https://lackadaisical-orange-apatosaurus.glitch.me

when I visit the ‘/json’ route, the response should (and it does) change based on my .env file, which is also correct (MESSAGE_STYLE=uppercase)

Everything in the application is working as expected, however, when I go to submit it I get the following error:

"The response of the endpoint /json should change according to the environment variable MESSAGE_STYLE"

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.89 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Use the .env File

Link to the challenge:

I just did this last night, and I noticed it didn’t work unless I put the values, for both the .env and the if statement, in quotes. MESSAGE_STYLE=“uppercase”. This despite FCC explicitly saying this wasn’t necessary, due to a “shell variable.”.

Try changing the default message from "hello json" to "Hello json" with a captial H?

it worked… don’t know why that should be the case, maybe because they asked us to change the route handler created in the previous exercise.

Anyways, thank you so much… it was really annoying… :sweat_smile: