Could someone give me a little feedback on my tribute page?

Hi there! I have been working my way through the responsive design coursework and have recently completed the tribute page project. If someone would be able to take a look at it and give me some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated!

The link is here: https://codepen.io/braxmassengale/pen/jOPqGvv

1 Like

Hi there Braxtonzmassengale , awesome work on your design.
I’d avoid using IDs for styling because they’re too specific and can’t be reused on the same page.
I’d stick to Class, Attribute, Pseudo & Type selectors.

1 Like

Okay! Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it and I’ll keep that in mind for the next project.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Braxtonzmassengale. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Codepen provides validators. Click on the down arrow in the upper right for the CSS section and then click on the ‘Analyze’ link.
    • You have a typo that will affect display.
  • You’ve given color in your timeline to show where each new line begins. Consider removing the bullet points.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
2 Likes

Hi Roma! Thanks for the feedback. I’ve implemented the advice that you have given me. I Appreciate it!

1 Like

Looks good.
As an aside, you either link to a font or import a font. You don’t need to do both. And you’re thinking, what’s the difference. Here’s something that I found regarding that. Including Google fonts, should I use the link or import?

• For 90%+ of the cases you likely want the <link> tag. As a rule of thumb, you want to avoid @import rules because they defer the loading of the included resource until the file is fetched.
2 Likes