Could you please help me, what is the mistake? { "name": "fcc-learn-npm-package-json", "author": "Jane Doe", "dependencies": { "express": "^4.14.0" }, "m

Failed:package.json should have a valid “author” key

solution: templates-npm

Інформація про ваш браузер:

Агент користувача: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Завдання: Керування пакетами з NPM - Як використовувати package.json, ядро будь-якого Node.js проєкту або npm пакету

Посилання на завдання:

Welcome there,

It appears you are not hosting any backend api for your app. The backend courses require your app to have a publicly accessible server running your API.

Specifically, GitHub Pages only hosts frontend applications - it cannot run your Nodejs/Express backend.

Hope this clarifies

Hello, thank you for your reply!

So, it is the first ask of Back End Development and APIs, How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package…

In the task it was necessary to write the “author” in the file package.json. It seems elementary, but the system does not let me go further, somewhere there is an mistake.

Then, I must submit the URL to it in the Solution Link field. I sent a link to a page, what link should I send?

And why on the VS Code don’t have a link to http://localhost.…, only Node.js listening on port 3000, What is this?

In the attachment to the letter I send all the screenshots with which I worked.

Thank you for your helping and have a good day!

If you are unfamiliar with running Nodejs applications in your local environment, I suggest:
a) Using Replit with the link provided in the lesson
b) Reading this article: How to Run the freeCodeCamp Backend Challenges Locally

Hope this helps

I submintted this link: templates-npm

Tank yuo so murch for helping. So, I am good, already made everything. The fact is that in solving the problem I must just had to send a link to localhost, and I created a туц repository, cloned it, then pushed it and sent a link to a web page :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.