Create a Form Element/Nesting existing input element

Hello, all

I have seen several older posts on this very topic and nothing that was new and just needed to see what I am doing wrong. I keep getting the " Your form should have an action attribute which is set to the URL" error.

My coding thus far.

<form>

<input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL">

form action="https://freecatphotoapp.com/submit-cat-photo"

</form>

Thanks so much in advance.

Hey @dontforgetyourpasswo,

Remember to select your codes and turn them into preformatted text image .

Did you use angle brackets < > for each of your elements? This might be a stupid question considering you’ve made it this far into the challenge.

1 Like

Not stupid at all, I had no clue about preformatted text.

Yeah I had to remove my <>'s in order for the code to show up, otherwise it wouldn’t.

@dontforgetyourpasswo bro u are doing it wrong , u should be doing it like this

input type=“text” placeholder=“cat photo URL”

Highlight the codes and click this image
in the text editor

Hey @dontforgetyourpasswo!

Welcome to the forum!

First off, love your username :laughing: !

For future challenges as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

To answer your question the problem is here

The action attribute should be inside the opening form tag.

<form // action goes here>
<input>
</form>

Hope that helps!

1 Like

That was it! Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like