width: 70%;
    height: 400px;
    margin: 50px auto;
    background: linear-gradient(35deg,red, yellow, rgb(255, 204, 204));
  }

</style>

<div></div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/applied-visual-design/create-a-gradual-css-linear-gradient

The challenge wants something specific. Please re-read this line:

Use a linear-gradient() for the div element’s background, and set it from a direction of 35 degrees to change the color from #CCFFFF to #FFCCCC.

but how do i change from #CFFFF to #FFCCCC.?
I TRIED DOING IT BUT DIDNT WORK

div{
border-radius: 20px;
width: 70%;
height: 400px;
margin: 50px auto;
background: linear-gradient(35deg, red, yellow, rgb(255,204,204));
}

this is the code im using but not getting the result… pls help

hi Koms,

The instructions say:

Here is the general syntax:

background: linear-gradient(gradient_direction, color 1, color 2, color 3, …);

The first argument specifies the direction from which color transition starts - it can be stated as a degree, where 90deg makes a vertical gradient and 45deg is angled like a backslash.

So this means that when you said:

background: linear-gradient(35deg,red, yellow, rgb(255, 204, 204));

You were telling the browser that you want a linear-gradient as a background and you want it to go in the 35 degrees direction from the color red to yellow to rgb(255,204,204).

This is not what the challenge wants though , do you see? The challenge wants you to make a linear gradient at 35 degrees that blends only 2 colors: #CCFFFF and #FFCCCC

I’m trying to avoid giving you the answer directly because you will just quit if I spoon-feed you answers and later you are unable to complete the harder challenges.
I hope this helps and if not, please respond and I will take another look.

./H.B.