Create a Simple JSX Element React Challenge

Tell us what’s happening:

For whatever reason. When I click RUN TESTS on any REACT challenge… it doesn’t. It doesn’t seem like any tests are run at all. What’s happening?

Your code so far

ReactDOM.render(JSX,document.getElementById('root'))
const JSX;
const JSX = <h1>Hello JSX!</h1>;

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/front-end-libraries/react/create-a-simple-jsx-element

You can not declare a variable with const without assigning a value to it. Just get rid of this line. Also, you do not need the **ReactDOM.render(JSX,document.getElementById(‘root’))*, because the instructions stated this was already handled for you “under the hood”.

I tried it without and for whatever reason when I click run the tests it doesn’t do anything.

How am I supposed to know if it’s right or not?

The only reason I added the other stuff was because I was trying to see if I could get it to do something when I clicked run the tests

I don’t know what’s going on.

What browser are you using and what operating system?

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36 .

I’m using Google Chrome and Windows 10

When you get that error, can you open your browsers’s console (Ctrl+J) and see what error messages show there if any?

Yeah, I’ll do that now!

Hey this is the error I’m getting

Hey. Are you behind a proxy, by any chance? It seems like your browser is having trouble downloading the React js. If you can’t do anything about the proxy, it might be worth trying other browsers and/or updating Chrome.

I’ll try updating chrome first.

I tried updating and I tried edge… I just don’t think its going to work.

You’re right about the proxy, it doesn’t seem there’s anything I can do about it.