Create and Save a Record of a Model Error Issue

Tell us what’s happening:
My createAndSavePerson function won’t work. I keep getting
(node:18723) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)

11:24 PM

(node:18723) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
Your code so far
var Person = mongoose.model(‘Person’, personSchema)
var Person = mongoose.model(‘Person’, personSchema)
var createAndSavePerson = function(done) {
var johnRon = new Person({name: “John Ron”, age: 84, favoriteFoods: [‘Pizza’, ‘Burger’, ‘Ice Cream’]});

johnRon.save(function(err, data){
if (err){
return done(err);
}
done(null, data);
});

};

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: MongoDB and Mongoose - Create and Save a Record of a Model

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/apis-and-microservices/mongodb-and-mongoose/create-and-save-a-record-of-a-model

Can you please post a link to your Glitch project, so we can take closer look at all the code?

Thank you.

I believe you have to separate problems.

First, you need to delete or comment out the following line.

process.env.MONGO_URI='mongodb+srv://jchima:<password>@cluster0-h7jgz.gcp.mongodb.net/test?retryWrites=true&w=majority'

Next, you need to make sure to assign your Mongo Atlas URI to the MONGO_URI variable in your .env file. Make sure to actually put the password in the URI and not <password>, as that will do nothing. It is recommended to surround the entire URI with single quotes.

Thank you. I moved everything to an .env and put in the correct info. It works now.