Create shadows CSS

How are you supposed to know to do the #thumbnail thing here, when creating shadows?

They just threw that element in there out of nowhere and I’m supposed to just know how to tag this stuff up?

Your code so far

<style>
h4 {
  text-align: center;
  background-color: rgba(45, 45, 45, 0.1);
  padding: 10px;
  font-size: 27px;
}
p {
  text-align: justify;
}
.links {
  text-align: left;
  color: black;
}

.fullCard {
  width: 245px;
  border: 1px solid #ccc;
  border-radius: 5px;
  margin: 10px 5px;
  padding: 4px;
}
.cardContent {
  padding: 10px;
}
.cardText {
  margin-bottom: 30px;
}
</style>
<div class="fullCard" id="thumbnail">
<div class="cardContent">
  <div class="cardText">
    <h4>Alphabet</h4>
    <hr>
    <p><em>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were <u>Ph.D. students</u> at <strong>Stanford University</strong>.</em></p>
  </div>
  <div class="cardLinks">
    <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Page" target="_blank" class="links">Larry Page</a><br><br>
    <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Brin" target="_blank" class="links">Sergey Brin</a>
  </div>
</div>
</div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0.

Challenge: Add a box-shadow to a Card-like Element

Link to the challenge:

Hi @SMR welcome to FCC. Yeah the exercises can be frustrating and sometimes annoying.
They throw you in the deep end and expect you to either drown (i guess) or learn how to swim. I have been in your shoes before
What they want you to do is add

#thumbnail{
         box-shadow: 0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.19), 0 6px 6px rgba(0,0,0,0.23);
       }

between the style tags given. Take time to internalize what is being talked about in the explanation and google if necessary.

Thank you, I just was worried that I misread the instructions or something. Ill keep the “ID value # sign” thing in mind from now on.

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Thank you for understanding.