Create Strings using Template Literals Modification - To the authors (as I see others are also confused on this point)

I passed this, but I was confused on why would the authors here write the result JSON and then only pass the failure array to the method.

Perhaps they should just remove the result and specify that only the failure array is explicitly being passed in…

Are we allowed to prod the authors on these exercises to improve them for clarity sake?

const result = {
success: ["max-length", "no-amd", "prefer-arrow-functions"],
failure: ["no-var", "var-on-top", "linebreak"],
skipped: ["no-extra-semi", "no-dup-keys"]
};

function makeList(arr) {
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Create Strings using Template Literals

Link to the challenge:

I moved your post over to the #contributors section.

That is the place to post suggestions for the freecodecamp curriculum.

1 Like

Okay, thank you. I have quite a few examples of edits that I would make. Is this website run by volunteers? I could even edit some of these examples myself.

We aren’t doing a lot of active development on the current curriculum, more maintenance and bugfixes. If you have an idea for a change, You could create a GitHub Issues with what you feel is the problem and how you would fix it.

freeCodeCamp has a small staff that takes care of the learning platform, forum, news publication, youtube channel and discord.

Otherwise, it is largely run by volunteers who answer questions on the forum and contribute on GitHub.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.