Creating a form element properly

I would reset the lesson.

Here is what you need to do in order to pass the challenge.

Step1:
Create an opening form tag with the action attribute
<form action="">
If you do not have this > at the end it will not work.

This is an error because it is missing this > at the end.

Step 2:
Have the input tag exactly like it was when you started the lesson. Do not touch it.
<input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL">

Step 3:
Add an end form tag
</form>

The final result should structurally look like this

<form action="">
<input>
</form>

Obviously I can’t give you the full solution, but if you follow my instructions and that structure above the test will pass.

1 Like

ok thanks im still trying to figrue it out

Just take it step by step and if you have questions you can reach out again.

that is because you haven’t closed the opening form tag with a bracket.<form action=""> <input ty......></form>

this it what it tells me when i did it again
The existing input element should be nested within a form element.

1 Like

can we see your new code?

well it took me about 3 hours before i could figure it out too… This is the right answer if you havent done it yet…

<form action="https://freecatphotoapp.com/submit-cat-photo"><input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL"></form>
<form action="https://freecatphotoapp.com/submit-cat-photo"><input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL"></form>

Thats it right there and look at where you made a mistake incase of next time…

Hi @larrycode1!

Welcome to the forum!

Try to avoid posting screenshots for code.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Also, we don’t encourage users to post solutions.
Instead we encourage users to give hints to help the original poster to get to the solution on their own since it is all part of the learning process.

1 Like

Hi @jwilkins.oboe, yeah i dig that but i just felt he or she might have been on it for long because it took me few hours before i could figure it out too… we all watch youtube videos and stuffs just to get it right…we are all here to learn and i still dont understand what you mean when you said i should add three blackticks to precede a code…

If you look at your first two responses, you will see how I reformatted your code.
If you click on the pencil icon under your replies you can see how I added (```) above and below you code.

Hello there ~

I see this

As @larrycode1 is like having a leader badge.

1 Like

if you reload it should disappear, sometimes cached things mess up a bit the page

1 Like

it didn’t disappear even after a hard refresh.

ah, well, discourse weirdiness

1 Like

below you code.
[/quote]
yeah thats right but why do i need to add a (…) to precede my code??

it’s not three dots, it’s three backticks, and it is needed to format your code. If I write you don’t see the html element, if I write <label> you do

1 Like

thank you very much I didn’t know that you had to connect the too like that.