Critique Tribute page

If anyone has time, could you critique my Tribute page? I’m not a visual person by nature. It takes allot of mental energy for me to make something look good. Learning CSS has been very difficult for me to learn, but I told myself I wouldn’t give up. I have plans to rewrite this website 4 more times before moving on to the next project. Any help is much appreciate it. Take care and please stay safe.

It’s actually really hard to use code alone to design visuals in general. Even for designers.

The page looks good. The layout works, the design is appropriate for topic. The text is good, and the colors are good.

1 Like

To make design easier on you, I would suggest you learn to plan projects on something like PIXLR E: Photo Editor : Pixlr E - free image editing tool

Or CANVA: https://www.canva.com/templates/?query=website

The are both basically free platforms that can help people who are not necessarily that visual.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’m going to check it out asap. I really appreciate it. I’ll respond to this thread once I redesign the site.

If you are limited on learning time, and have to choose between the two, I’d go with CANVA.

The have a new beta setup that makes it really easy to design a website, and you can just use the Sign in with GOOGLE function, if you don’t want to take the time to sign up for the account

This Tutorial is a little bit better:

Hello Everyone,

Besides making this site responsive. Is there anything else I can do to improve it?

For the Responsive Aspect:
Try adding Something like this Media Query at the end of the CSS:

It changes the font size and paragraph widths, to make it readable at, and under 600 px.

/* || MEDIA QUERIES - RESPONSIVE - 600PX  */

@media (max-width: 600px) {
  h2 {
    font-size: 2rem;
  }

p {
    font-size: 1.8rem;
  }

ul {
    width: 80%;
    margin: auto;
    font-size: 1.3rem;
  }
}
1 Like

Yeah it looks really good…how did you even know how to apply this particular code to my project.

You can look at Sites it in really tiny widths on codepen, And usually things start breaking. Yours held up pretty well, until the very small widths.

Screenshot 2022-03-27 12.33.06 PM

How do you take a mobile responsive first approach? Seems to me it would be easy to design your site to be mobile and than make them bigger as things grow.

I would have to think about this for a little bit, From a design perspective, it would be the Most limiting approach.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.