CSS Box Model Rothko Painting Step 33, description

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

At step 33 in Rothko Painting CSS course it want me to set top margin to 0 and bottom margin to 20px, but it also says that I’ve to set horizontal margin to auto, but the right code for this step is “margin: 0 auto 20px;”. This means for me that top margin is 0, left and right margin is auto and bottom margin is 20px. I’m just wondering if the description was meant to say set vertical margin to auto not horizontal margin or am I missing something?
I noticed the same thing in step 15 too.

**Your code so far**

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.5005.115 Safari/537.36

Hi @pengpengpong,

and welcome to the forum,
please provide the link to the challenge, and your code.

The link for that challange is: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-the-css-box-model-by-building-a-rothko-painting/step-33

My html code:

Rothko Painting

My CSS file:

.canvas {
width: 500px;
height: 600px;
background-color: #4d0f00;
overflow: hidden;
}

.frame {
border: 50px solid black;
width: 500px;
padding: 50px;
margin: 20px auto;
}

.one {
width: 425px;
height: 150px;
background-color: #efb762;
margin: 20px auto;
}

.two {
width: 475px;
height: 200px;
background-color: #8f0401;
margin: 0 auto 20px;;
}

.three {
width: 91%;
height: 28%;
background-color: #b20403;
margin: auto;
}

I don’t know why it doesn’t post the html code despite copy pasting it, but in that challenge it’s about the CSS file anyway.

Hi again, in your .two your last property has two semicolons, remove one of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.