CSS Issue with my tribute page project

One of the p elements in my project is acting up for some reason. It is like any other p element I used in my project but this one was bold even before I applied any CSS. I feel like it is attached to its H3 heading(somehow, I got no idea how) because it does any CSS that I apply to the heading above it. I managed to correct its text align via the CSS rule I applied to all p elements but I got no idea how to correct its boldness. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

One of the easiest ways to see syntax errors in your code is to run your HTML code through the W3C validator.

• Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
2 Likes

Oh Thank you so much! Issue is fixed. That was embarrassing. I had forgotten to close my H3 tag .

1 Like

Happy to help.

If you’re coding in codepen, I’d suggest switching the Syntax Highlighting to help catch errors.
Go to your Codepen profile settings (not the setting for the pen, but for your profile). Switch the Syntax Highlighting to Oceanic Dark and save the setting. Go back to the pen and make sure your new setting is working. The code highlighting will be using different colors. Errors will now be marked in red.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Roma. I’ll definitely do so. cheers

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.