CSS style block not updating

Everything I have found on this topic is locked, so opted to make a new one. Sorry for the edits, seen a post saying it requires back tics to post code, that nor quotes, nor brackets seem to allow code to post as visible code. Picture time.

I did see one post saying to move h2 inside main tags so more similar to:
main
h2>blah<h2
main

forgive the lack of correct syntax. Opening and closing brackets were in code. just didnt show up as coded in post…

I did try this, and still no blue h2 element. I did complete this on my phone, however it did not seem to allow credit to cross over to laptop, although phone was able to pick up from where I had completed work to on laptop.

According to hint video, there is a refresh button in “browser” aspect of the code runner and checker on FCC, mine doesn’t appear to have that, phone didn’t require refreshing to turn h2 blue.

Please tell me I am just over looking something stupid simple…

Which challenge is this?

The code you have shared works on my end. Please ensure that you have disabled any extensions that interface with the freeCodeCamp website (such as Dark Mode and Ad Blocker), and set your browser zoom level to 100%. Both of these factors can cause tests to fail erroneously.

you have an extension that changes the looks of the page. The tests detects the changed css and fails you. Do not use extensions on freeCodeCamp and it will work

Interesting, I do have a theme selected, and is in dark mode. However before I reset my progress the only difference was the particular theme selected and I had no issues. I will opt to continue in a different browser, running no extensions and only default settings.

If no further replies from me, safe to assume problem is solved.

@flaxi, this is the second task under Basic CSS “Use CSS Selectors to Style Elements”

OK, now I just don’t know, switching back to EDGE, making sure its not on dark mode, no extensions are installed, it is completely default. I still does not work. My mobile is set up for dark mode though, and it worked on my phone yesterday, however it didnt give me credit for finishing the assignment.

Can you share with us the error message that the challenge is giving you?

if the dark mode is the one from freecodecamp it is not an issue, if you have extensions, those create issues

but now please share your updated code with us and any error you are receiving

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.