Curse Javascript Basic

Hi everyone!
Just one week ago I started first one javascript’s course, and some times I feel understand the exercises, and other times I don’t understand. What do you do on those cases?

Haha :sweat_smile: you will be fine given you just started and anything you don’t understand you simply google it. Happily Javascript has a lot of resources of sites and videos etc online that will benefit you a lot

1 Like

Ask questions here in the forum or some other place you like to hang out. Google for more help. YouTube might help (although my experience is that a video that should take just a few minutes to explain a concept is usually 30 minutes long and most of it is noise). Or just play around with it and do your own experimenting until you figure it out. And you can always just take a break and let your brain reset.

Learning your first programming language is hard. JS is no exception. In fact, in some ways I’d say JS is harder to learn than other languages because it is constantly being enhanced and the JS ecosystem changes faster than a blinking LED.

Take your time, don’t rush. But if you don’t understand something then don’t just move on. Do something to try to help yourself understand.

3 Likes

Hi there! That’s great that you’re taking a Javascript course. Learning a new programming language can be challenging, and it’s completely normal to feel overwhelmed at times. Here are some tips that may help when you feel stuck:

1. Ask for help: Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you get stuck. Sharing your code and explaining what you don’t understand can often lead to valuable insights and solutions.
  2. Read the documentation: Javascript has extensive documentation available online, and reading the official documentation for a particular concept or function can be extremely helpful.
  3. Practice, practice, practice: The more you practice coding, the more comfortable and confident you’ll become. Try to work through as many examples and exercises as you can.
  4. Take breaks: If you’re feeling frustrated or stuck, it can be helpful to step away from the computer and take a break. Come back to the problem with a fresh perspective.
  5. Learn from others: Look for code examples and tutorials from other sources to see how they approach similar problems. You can learn a lot from seeing different coding styles and techniques.

Remember that learning to code takes time and patience, so don’t get discouraged. Keep at it, and you’ll get there! :grin: :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.