Database questions... how to add quantities of items after a search..?

First of all I am dealing with a Wordpress website that I will get away from Wordpress in the future.

So, for this project I am thinking about using MySQL database, and PHP… What do you think of that option? Does FreeCodeCamp offer any information about PHP and MySQL? … Could I do it in a different way and work it in the Wordpress website? … for now, I think PHP and MySQL might be the easier way around…

I want to create a quote request system, in which you search a database, get results, and then add quantities and send the quote request… maybe similar to a shopping cart, but instead of shopping, its just a request for quote after a search results.

So, I know how to create a table and do a search bar and get the results… now… How would I go about to do the second part of having a quantity option on the side of the results so that it can be sent for a request with the amount of quantities per item?

I am not looking for the coding… just if anybody has any directions on how to go about on creating this part of of the project…

Thank you much!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.