Deciding whether to use HTML or Markdown when working on pull request

Hi campers,

I am working on a pull request but i am seeing the code uses both HTML and Markdown. I have a snippet of code below. Assuming i want to add a list to the #description section , do i use HTML or markdown?

## Description
<section id='description'>
It would teach us a lot about the <code>filter</code> method if we try to implement a version of it that behaves exactly like <code>Array.prototype.filter()</code>. It can use either a <code>for</code> loop or <code>Array.prototype.forEach()</code>.
Note:  A pure function is allowed to alter local variables defined within its scope, although, it's preferable to avoid that as well.
</section>
## Description
<section id='description'>

It would teach us a lot about the `filter` method if we try to implement a version of it that behaves exactly like `Array.prototype.filter()`. It can use either a `for` loop or `Array.prototype.forEach().

**Note: ** A pure function is allowed to alter local variables defined within its scope, although, it's preferable to avoid that as well.

</section>

You should use any valid markdown syntax where possible and if not possible, you use html syntax. If you are not already, you should be testing the changes locally or using Gitpod, so you can see what gets displayed, before creating a pull request.

1 Like

Thanks @RandellDawson. I have failed to set up locally perhaps i will have to try on Gitpod.

If you are having trouble getting set up locally, I recommend reaching out to the Contributors channel on Gitter.

The issue you created the PR for was still being discussed and an actual “fix” was not decided on yet by the community.