Deconstructed parameters must be used

Hi all - for the life of me, I can’t figure out what’s wrong here. I pass the result test and the use of deconstruction test, but it fails on “Deconstructed parameter must be used.” Isn’t the return line (max + min) / 2.0; using the deconstructed parameter? Aren’t min and max the deconstructed parameters?

I have looked at past questions on this problem but they all seem to pre-date integration of the arrow syntax. Any use of the function() syntax now, or that still has the word stats in it, fails both deconstruction tests. (At least any of the four hours’ worth of combinations I have tried). So does assigning the deconstructed parameters to new variables and using those. I’m out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Your code so far

const stats = {
max: 56.78,
standard_deviation: 4.34,
median: 34.54,
mode: 23.87,
min: -0.75,
average: 35.85
};

// Only change code below this line

const half = ({ max, min }) => (max + min) / 2.0;

//ORIGINAL: const half = (stats) => (stats.max + stats.min) / 2.0; 
// Only change code above this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0.

Challenge: Use Destructuring Assignment to Pass an Object as a Function’s Parameters

Link to the challenge:

remove this line, when the tests check what’s written in the editor, also tests can throw them

OMG. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I was right all along. headdesk Thank you!