Delete thank you

Just to interject: var is still extremely common in new code, because production often requires the ancient browsers to be supported. Perhaps not so much in the dev’s written code, but definitely in the transpiled code.

I have spent a lot of time dealing with having to have to use var, because I will be working on transpiled code, or code that just needs to support the >99%.

That is all I wanted to add, for others reading.

1 Like

Yes thats true, the actual coding world out there is scary and even more confusing, thats why learning it should ideally be free of any confusing errors.

Its like, Im trying to learn “proper” spanish and the person that teaches me it is a native from the galapagos islands with the most heavy accent possible and the south american slang of spanish. Yes I still learn it, but Im getting increasingly frustrated later when I check books and the word for “child” isnt actually like that and even pronounced differently. Once Im settled its easy to “fix” that and understand what he says to me, because I can reference it and because I have a strong foundation without that I cant, but as I learner every thing that is too complicated or too vague leaves me stranded.

Might be a weird analogy but thats what I mean. Only once Im actually settled with the essence of what Im trying to learn can I shrug off problems and try to solve it.

1 Like

That’s a good point. In all fairness, I work mostly on mobile now. But even on web, I would expect some babel transform to handle that if it is an issue.

I don’t understand what you are saying with that analogy.

Part of the ‘language’ of computers is that the ‘grammar’ is exacting and single character changes can produce radically different outcomes. That is part of the foundation of learning ‘how to talk to computers’ (i.e. how to program computers).

1 Like

Yes I still learn it, but Im getting increasingly frustrated later when I check books and the word for “child” isnt actually like that and even pronounced differently.

I’m learning Spanish too. I learn from my Peruvian wife. I learned the word for bathroom is “baño”. But when we go to Spain, it turns out that it is “aseo” there. Do I throw a fit and demand that Spain use the word that I learned? No, I just learn a new word.

Learning computer development is always a moving target as it is constantly changing and growing and developing and deprecating.

If that isn’t something you can deal with, then you have a choice to make.

1 Like

either I didnt explained my issue properly or Im just in the wrong place here. Im done replying/arguing. Admins can close this thread. I need to learn

You explained your position just fine. It just happens that you don’t fully understand programming, which is fine.

We’re just having a conversation here…

I personally against deleting threads - we are all here to learn and someone else may learn something from what you’ve said and the conversation that followed.

it seems you brought a lot of points
Some are about how the topics are introduced, which is totally normal, as everyone may need stuff explained in different ways. That is being adjusted pretty often, and it will be completely overhauled with the new curriculum.

but if the tests ask for Hello, World and you write Hello,World, it’s not the test that is wrong.

If you need help, you can always use the Ask for help button in a challenge, it will create a topic here including your code and a challenge link, there is often someone around answering questions

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.