Diamond First Blog

Hello Everyone,
I just upload my first blog Github. I was hoping you could give me feedback on my blog. This is my first time using Github. I have been coding for almost a year now and would like just a little feedback.

This is the link to my website: https://dnicolef.github.io/diamondblog/
Thanks

1 Like

Hello @dnicolef :slight_smile: congratulation on your first blog!

Just tested out and sent an email in the Contact form. Let me give some challenges for the future that you may or may not use on your blog:

• Making it mobile friendly, if you try loading it on your phone you may see that the tables are not that easy to read.
  • Checking accessibility - some points to check here, but one point easy to improve: the header, it’s easy to make it more readable if you rearrange the picture used (a picture with words behind a title can make it harder to read);
  • One more point about accessibility is having a better contrast between background and font color, this always help as well.
  • SEO tags: you can help Google find your website! Use SEO tags to help search engines find your content.
  • One tiny detail: you’re using a big image, but shrinking it through code, one option would be to use a smaller image (better performance, will load faster).

That’s not all, but some points. You could also look up how other blogs design their projects, here’s a nice place to look at some websites chosen by judges and public: https://www.awwwards.com/

Hope to see you publishing more content in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good! :smiley:

The contact form doesn’t do anything at the moment. If you want an API to do it, google for “emailer api”.

If you want a simple way to send an email through the form, set method="POST", action="mailto:myemail@gmail.com", and enctype="text/plain" on the form tag (with your email address you want the email sent to). Then, you need to set the name attribute on the email to mail, and on the message comment. After that, it should actually send an email.

1 Like

Thanks will working on fixing that issues

Thanks, I will work on making my blog mobile friendly

1 Like

For mobile stuff, this pretty much fixes it all:
In the <head> section, add this: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, viewport-fit=cover">

After that, you still have a few things to do though.

See this for testing stuff on mobile:

In every project you make, that (almost) always makes a huge difference:

1 Like