Difference between project's stated requirements in own page and in widget on codepen

On the tribute page project’s page, https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-tribute-page, it states:
"User Story #3: I should see a div element with a corresponding id="img-div"“, while in the tests widget on the codepen of the tribute page, it states: I should see either a <figure> or <div> element with corresponding id=“img-div”.”
So a figure element is accepted through the widget, but not officially on the project page. Surely this must be a mistake.

It’s not a mistake, the figure element was not introduced in the curriculum but it can still be used in the project. Do you want to open a bug report for having the user story mention that?

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

The figure element was introduced in the Applied Accessibility part of the curriculum.

But no matter what, shouldn’t the requirements state that figure elements are accepted?

Why don’t you report it as a bug?

I can’t seem to find the place where I do that.

You just follow the hyperlink above…

Oh, I misread something. It has been reported now.

1 Like

The test doesn’t actually check the element type at all.

it(`I should see either a <figure> or <div> element with corresponding
id="img-div".`, function () {
  assert.isNotNull(document.getElementById('img-div'));
});

The same is true of other tests where an element type is mentioned.

Edit: Not to say the user story can’t mention the <figure> element and probably should.

2 Likes