Discussion, Questions, and Resources for Part 2 (JavaScript Basic Algorithms, Object-Oriented, and Functional Programming - April 2018 Cohort)

@nvrqt03 Awesome! :star2: The login works for me now as well as progress tracking:

It’s still connected to the beta site data, but it’s great movement forward nonetheless! :fireworks: As you can see, I finished the Functional Programming section and am ready to move on to the more difficult algorithms and JavaScript projects.

I realized that since I’ve been using map(), filter(), reduce(), and other functions up to this point, I have a good foundation for functional programming. :sunny:

This podcast episode might be helpful for a quick overview :clipboard: of various JavaScript array methods:

Syntax - Tasty Web Development Treats: 20 JavaScript Array and Object Methods to make you a better developer

For some reason I stopped getting notifications for this group… Anyway, still here. I actually finished up through what we are supposed to do by 5/31 weeks ahead (I was super motivated!) I’ve gotten through a few of the next set of algorithm challenges and right now I’m going to figure out how to get notifications turned back on so I can keep up to date with you all! :slight_smile:

looks like the beta site is down today, waiting for it to come back up - I’ll have to get after it, i’m still on the functional programming module. bout halfway through.

An additional challenge was seemingly added to the Basic Algorithm Scripting: Slice and Splice.