Do I need to pass algorithms section to learn Angular/React?

I’m a UI designer, with intermediate-advanced knowledge in HTML/CSS. I’ve familiarised myself with Javascript so far and I’m at Basic Algorithm section. I learned C++ in high school and I mostly know the basic principles of programming.

I’m in need of jumping into creating a few projects that focus on the UI part. Nothing related to back-end.
Is it ok to jump into Angular/React right now and come back later to dive towards algorithm/scripting?

As I said, I do not need to create scripts that work, but rather component ready designs and that’s about it.

Are there any important parts that I will miss and have a hard time understanding from these frameworks at this point?
I need to know more about manipulating DOM/JQuery than writing algorithms. Frankly, I did the palindrome, factorial challenges in high school in C++ already and apart from syntax, I knew my way around them.

Need advice.

Thanks!

Without algorithms knowledge you should to forget for any serious IT-related work.

you don’t have to but the most straightforward way is to simply follow freecodecamp exercises and projects in order - you’ll be able to zip through stuff you know and get the benefit of review and prep for later projects

You have to know intermediate to advanced javascript to do anything meaningful with angular

frontend programming is programming nonetheless - javascript is the only choice - algorithms is just a way of saying problemsolving in code

I haven’t done Angular, but I have done some React. Did I need advanced algorithm knowledge to do it? Not really. But of course the logic of the programs themselves needed some algorithms. Yes, you could make cute little programs in React that work and do the React-component-view thing, but you will struggle with meat of the program, the logic that drives it. React is not the meat of the program, it is a nifty way to connect your data with you view, but JS and algorithms will still be the core of the logic.

I’m in need of jumping into creating a few projects that focus on the UI part. Nothing related to back-end.

This seems to indicate a misunderstanding. The client side is still going to need JS and algorithms, etc. This is not a difference between front and back end.

I learned C++ in high school and I mostly know the basic principles of programming.

That’s great, but there are some big differences between JS and C++. If you don’t understand callbacks, first order functions, asynchronicity, closure, etc - then you may have a problem. You may be able to do a binary search on an array - that’s an algorithm - but that isn’t the same as understanding the peculiarities of JS. It’s those peculiarities that will burn you if you try to jump to React or Angular. I think of the algorithms as calisthenics for your brain. But if you know algorithms already, then it is trivial to apply them if you know JS. But make sure that you know JS.

Alright, how about if I want to create something similar to this?

If that’s your goal you could look up tutorials on custom angular theme development - if you get going well and good - if not come back to freecodecamp to learn javascript