Documentation project, Stuck

I tried solving number 4 in the tests but it just wont work? i have the class as main-section for all the sections with their corresponding id names but it still chooses not to recognize it. What exactly is the problem?

https://codepen.io/justaname947/pen/arXbLX?editors=1100

The colons matter. Take them out of the header or put them in the id. (Probably don’t put them in the id, since colons are a special character in CSS)

1 Like

What exactly is number 4 in the tests?

Run the tests

4. Each element with the class of “main-section” should also have an id that corresponds with the text of each contained within it. Any spaces should be replaced with underscores (e.g. The that contains the header “Javascript and Java” should have a corresponding id=“Javascript_and_Java”).

Looking at the tests it looks like they solved #4 but are still failing a few other tests.

Yeah-- as previously stated., you can’t use : in id. I mean you can,. but then your CSS would break whenever you referenced to it.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply, it worked. For later projects i will not write it in again, so that my css wont break when i mention/refer to it.
Do you have any suggestions to how i would make my side bar responsive? Im a beginner and dont understand many concept, but how would i go about implementing a burger button witha @media screen(max-width:600px){ }

Thanks for your reply