Does anyone have some suggestions about my tribute page

[https://codepen.io/ydesamours/pen/abwJaRM]

Hello there.

Do you have a question?

If so, please edit your post to include it.

Learning to describe problems is an important part of learning how to code.

Also, the more information you give us, the more likely we are to be able to help.

1 Like

Thank for asking. When i have questions i will ask here.

Hi there!

I like the way the “description” div looks. The photo and quote presented presented next to each other do a good job of introducing the subject of the page.

I did notice some typos and such in the text content, but I don’t know if you want feedback about that or not.

Why not change the link at the end of the page so that it goes to a page about Tesla instead of Borlaug? Maybe the wikipedia page if you don’t have another page in mind?

@yDesamours, I agree with @JeremyLT in that just a title doesn’t help as to what you’re looking for.
Suggestions about what? Are you asking for feedback? Something to make the page look better like color or a font.

Just looking at your page I’d suggest;

• Get all the FCC tests to pass. The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
      Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Revisting accessibility. Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • sciencepost page” is not accessible

I fixed the link. Go , tell me what you noticed

Thank you for replying. I will fix those issues

Okay, I’ll tell you a few:

• In the 1881 section there’s a " at the end that isn’t matched to anything.

• In the 1896 section there’s this part powering inIn 1898.

• In 1899, him his greatest discovery.He construct a transformer construct should probably be either constructed or constructs. Also there’s no space between the period and the next letter.

Just stuff like that.

Oh, and some of the sections put periods at the end of sentences and some don’t. It’ll be distracting to somebody reading the page if there isn’t consistency.
One other consistency thing: the text in most sections starts with a capitalized letter, but a few, like the 1943 section, don’t.

It’s always tricky to catch problems with your own writing because you fill in the gaps mentally, but doing a spell check and reading it a few times through can help. If the project is important, it can help to print out the text on a paper page and read through it that way. Many people think it’s easier to find errors on a printed page rather than on a computer screen.

The link looks good now!

There was many issues effectively. Thank you

Don’t feel bad, and they are easy fixes.

1 Like

Small suggestion regarding the layout of the page:

• put the photo of Tesla in the center of the screen (instead of on the left side)
  • put the B.A. Behrend quote also in the center of the screen (instead of the right side)

That way the photo and quote will match all the other elements in the page which are also centered.
Which will help to make the whole page feel more cohesive.

Other than that, looks good!