Done! Suggestions for my portfolio?

Done! Suggestions for my portfolio?

OK. Whew! I’m done! Or at least, for now anyway…

I would love to hear your opinion on my portfolio and if there’s anything that needs changing/improving. In your opinion, does it at least qualify as an MVP? I’m about to start applying for jobs and gonna show this to the world so I don’t want to have any glaring errors that will bite me in the ass.

Keep in mind that:

1. It’s not fully responsive yet. I’ll start working on that next.
  2. I haven’t done anything with the blog yet. That’s also on my list.
  3. The projects themselves, I intend to go back to and refactor to improve.

The link is here: http://www.sylprimeau.com/

Thanks!

I like the cover image :thumbsup:

The project info modals are nice. Maybe instead of a fixed top margin, consider centering the modal. I can’t tell if the text in Superconvert ends in “especially multiple conversions.” or if there’s more to read.

You should change the text in the toggle button when the normal English version is what’s visible (unless you consider JavaScript as normal English :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Off-topic: when I saw the rice terraces I thought it’s familiar. Then the houses there made me realize it’s in the Philippines :slight_smile:

I love the code version of your About Me! One thing though: when you click “view normal English version” and it changes, I think it would be best if the button text also changed to “view code version” or something similar if the person wanted to view the code version again. I hope that makes sense!

Thanks for the feedback Kev. :+1:

Nice catch on the button. Changed it.

Yes, there is more on the modal, actually. I’ll fix that later. I thought that might be an issue with short screens but I never tested it. Thanks for pointing it out.

You can see the houses in that pic? :astonished:
Have you been there? It was an awesome trip but a really hard hike! LOL

Thanks I-emi! It made total sense. Now it’s fixed. :slight_smile:

I’ve never been there. Maybe someday :slight_smile:

I like it all especially the console part but might wanna add ease-out transition on images in portfolio section? It was so strange not seeing the scroll bar :smiley:

I’ve fixed the modal now. It is still fixed, but now it’s scrollable so the text should never get cut off.

Thanks blue.

I’m going to have to look into the fade out thing on the images. I originally wanted to do just that, of course, but I was having problems with how the whole hover thing was working to begin with. The text kept getting in the way, etc. I think I’m going to have to go back to this later and take it all apart and put it all back together.

Re: scrollbar, LOL. Yeah, I’m still on the fence about that. I think that on the main page everyone is going to know to scroll. But in the modals, they might not think to. For now, I’ve added some scrollbars to both the main page and the modals while I think about what to do.

Tried something like:
transition: all .2s ease-in, all .2s ease-out; because that’s what usually works for me. BTW I think you need to put this into the non-hover element, better explained with an example as always https://codepen.io/skullscream-1471533661/pen/RGbRrX