Don't know why I only got 12/17 at this test?

I build this “survey” web project in Html and CSS course. But I don’t know why I only pass 12/17. Can any one give me a hint? I did everything that’s required. Or did I miss something.

Here my project:

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.51 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

You are only passing 12/17 because you haven’t met 5 of the user stories. And the test messages are trying to tell you what the problems are.

If I press the Red “12/17 Passed” button, I get a readout of the tests. The first failing test says:

1. Inside the form element, I am required to enter my name in a field with id=“name”. If I do not enter a name I will see an HTML5 validation error.

Name input field should be required : expected false to be truthy >AssertionError: Name input field should be required : expected false to be truthy

When I look at the relevant code …

<input id="name" type="text" placeholder="enter your name here">

… I see no HTML validation. When I add some, that test passes.

Work through the tests like that. Read them. Check previous lessons or google things. (I cannot stress enough how much professional developers google things.)

Check back if you get stuck again.

Thank you very much, sir. I’ll do it again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.