DOS Calculator - front-end

Front-end calculator project: made this one using an old DOS calculator layout. No jQuery , only js. Feedbacks are welcome!

1 Like

Hey there!

I had a quick look and it looks like the common order of operation is not followed. For example, 9 + 9 × 9 returns 162 instead of 90.

In addition, it’s not possible to chain any a calculation with the result returned by the equal sign. It’s entirely up to you whether or not you have that implemented, of course, but I personally think that it’s a common function that everyone would expect a calculator to perform.

It would also be nice to clear the display when the CLR buttons is pressed, too!

I hope that helps! Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback Hon! My calculator is a very simple one, don’t expect a lot from it! haha
I aware about this issues, but the way this calculator works(the display is supposed to show only one operation with two terms) forced me to make some simplifications. I cant show the chain calculation on the display using this fixed layout, I did not want to make a lot of changes just to implement this. I’m just too lazy, I know… Hey but I have here with me an old cheap calculator without this feature! :laughing:
I know there are some limitations in the code, I think I was more concerned with reproducing the layout well. At least it looks nice! haha
But the clear display Is fair and simple enough to implement right now!
Thanks again for your help!