Download solution

Hi, does anyone know if I should be downloading my solutions when I submit course steps? Do these prove engagement or just for personal record?

There is no “should”. Do you want to? I did it in the beginning because I was proud of what I’d done and also I wanted to start to learn how github worked and to get a presence there. But I don’t know how much of a difference that made.

Only download your solutions if you want to look at them again later. freeCodeCamp does not save your challenge solutions for you, just whether you completed them or not.

FWIW, I don’t save solutions. If I need to revisit a challenge, I just do the challenge again.

Thanks Kevin. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t losing my progress on the course by not downloading them, but I can see now, that is not the case.

Thanks Ariel, I think I will definitely be going over these challenges several times!

The solutions I chose to save were the algorithm solutions, specifically because algorithms can be revisited and refactored. Whereas the lesson solutions have less room for refactoring and improvement.

I also saved all of my certification project solutions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.