Editor keeps saying, link element should be a self-closing element

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

please guys i need, my editor keeps telling me my link should be self closing, i don’t know if i didn’t close it well, this the line i’m having issue (link rel=“stylesheet” href=“styles”)
Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <title>Registration Form</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.71 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 4

Link to the challenge:

please guys, i need help

please can you show me an example of what you are saying? thank you

A “self closing tag” includes the closing-symbol and thus has this form: “<... />

thank you very much, it did work :grinning:

That would be wrong. A “link” tag is written in the header to tell the browser to get some outside data - usually CSS stylesheets.

What we commonly call a “link” is indeed an anker-tag or a-tag. But in this particular lesson, it actually wants a link-tag.

i know that ,but the guy is still new to these stuff ,i tried to keep it as simple as possible

Dude, you gave a wrong answer…

i must be drunk or something , all the time i thought it was about an anchor tag that was written wrong ,i must be looking too stupid right now ,didn’t realise it was a link in the first place :sweat_smile:,sorry

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.