Error Installing Fontawesome

Hello,

I’ve been going through this course on YouTube - Learn Bootstrap 5 and SASS by Building a Portfolio Website 5 hour course 9

I get the following error code when I try to install Fontawesome

$ npm install --save @fontawesome/fontawesome-free
npm ERR! code ENOTFOUND
npm ERR! errno ENOTFOUND
npm ERR! network request to https://registry.npmjs.org/@fontawesome%2Ffontawesome-free failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND registry.npmjs.org
npm ERR! network This is a problem related to network connectivity.
npm ERR! network In most cases you are behind a proxy or have bad network settings.
npm ERR! network
npm ERR! network If you are behind a proxy, please make sure that the
npm ERR! network ‘proxy’ config is set properly. See: ‘npm help config’

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2021-06-27T19_12_57_378Z-debug.log

I need help please. Thanks in anticipation

it looks like you don’t have an active internet connection or you’re using a firewall

Hi @reubendicksonebong !

Maybe you can use the fontawesome icons cdn instead.

You can add this link tag to your code.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.15.3/css/all.min.css" integrity="sha512-iBBXm8fW90+nuLcSKlbmrPcLa0OT92xO1BIsZ+ywDWZCvqsWgccV3gFoRBv0z+8dLJgyAHIhR35VZc2oM/gI1w==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer" />

Thanks for your response.

I do have an active internet connection and I’ve been able to install the other dependencies without issues.

Thanks for your response.

I’ll try to use the CDN as you’ve suggested. However for the purpose of learning I really wish to understand why I’m not being able to install it so as to know how to go about that in the future.

This is what the error log says maybe you should try restarting your router

Thanks again. I’ve done that severally. I still doubt it has something to do with my connectivity as I was able to install the other dependencies without issues.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.