Error occuring in step 6 in html

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I didn’t understand the hint and the code doesn’t pass. Please help me with the code.

**Your code so far**

<html>
<body>
  <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
  <main>  
        <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
  <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->   
  <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10; SM-M107F) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.73 Mobile Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 6

Link to the challenge:

So if you click “Restart Step” at the top center of the page you will start over from the beginning on this step only. I suggest you do that and then indent each of the three listed elements, h2, comment and p two spaces each. You can indent these by using the spacebar.

Tip: After clicking Restart Step you can select the h1, comment and the p and press the tab key once.

Hi @Tmanasa !

Welcome to the forum!

You have already received assistance on how to resolve your current issue.

But I do see your point about the hint.
I think it would be more helpful if it were worded differently.

Personally, I try not to recommend this because depending on editors beyond freeCodeCamp the tab key may indent more than 2 spaces. This can cause confusion for beginners that get into that habit and begin to take on projects away from freeCodeCamp. For example, Atom default spacing is 4 spaces with the tab key if I remember correctly.

The wording makes sense to me. The are counting the 6 spaces in total from the beginning of a new line with zero indentation. It could be worded differently, yes, but I think it works for those that don’t want to Restart Step and instead wish to count out the spaces to know if they have too many or not enough.

Yeah that part makes sense.
I guess for me personally I would have reiterated the last line of the instructions for the hint.

But if it helps people to count 6 spaces to check for indentation then that works too.

1 Like

I have been answering a lot of questions on the forums for HTML/CSS the past two days and probably 15-20% of them pertain to this step and the hint provided confusing people. I understand it but I believe it should be reworded probably for simplicity.

1 Like

I can agree with you, but indenting depends on the editor, for example there are editors where the indentation for the html is 4 spaces. I believe the indenting depends on the editor being used.

I agree with you here, there is atleast 5-6 or more number of people who ask a doubt regarding this step.

I agree with you, there could also be a reminder to not change the rest of the code. In many of the posts the other elements such as the <main> element seem to have changed in the indentation

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.