Error when running npm run develop

I’m having a problem with setting up my local for FCC…

I’m getting cannot ready property ‘minimum level’ of undefined. This is in reference to the rollbar dependency.

Anyone know how to get past this?

Thank you

/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/rollbar/src/server/rollbar.js:24
if (options.minimumLevel !== undefined) {
^

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘minimumLevel’ of undefined
at new Rollbar (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/rollbar/src/server/rollbar.js:24:15)
at Object. (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/server/middlewares/error-reporter.js:10:17)
at Module._compile (module.js:643:30)
at loader (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/babel-register/lib/node.js:144:5)
at Object.require.extensions.(anonymous function) [as .js] (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/babel-register/lib/node.js:154:7)
at Module.load (module.js:556:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:499:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:491:3)
at Module.require (module.js:587:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at requireNodeOrEsModule (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/loopback-boot/lib/require.js:7:17)
at /Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/loopback-boot/lib/executor.js:351:19
at Array.forEach ()
at setupMiddleware (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/loopback-boot/lib/executor.js:348:14)
at execute (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/loopback-boot/lib/executor.js:41:3)
at bootLoopBackApp (/Users/rbertram/Code/MERN/opensource/freeCodeCamp/node_modules/loopback-boot/index.js:154:3)

@eolculnamo2 I had the same issue. The problem is with the .env file having changed. I think you are missing the ROLLBAR_APP_ID key from that file.

Try adding that, or simply starting from scratch copying the sample.env file to .env.

More details for these steps here: https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/blob/staging/CONTRIBUTING.md#set-up-freecodecamp