ES6 - Use class Syntax to Define a Constructor Function

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Hello guys

Can anyone please tell me what is this meaning ?? :arrow_double_down: :arrow_double_down:

It should be noted that the class syntax is just syntax, and not a full-fledged class-based implementation of an object-oriented paradigm, unlike in languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, etc.

Your code so far

// Only change code below this line

// Only change code above this line

const carrot = new Vegetable('carrot');
console.log(carrot.name); // Should display 'carrot'

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.71

Challenge: ES6 - Use class Syntax to Define a Constructor Function

Link to the challenge:

Ya, if you aren’t familiar with real object-oriented programming languages, for example java, then this little blurb probably doesn’t make a lot of sense and could potentially cause confusion. I’m tempted to say just ignore it for now, it’s not really that important for learning JS, at least not at this stage in your learning.

1 Like

it made my head spin first when I read it ,I appreciate your clarification .

As you learn JavaScript programming you will encounter other programming paradigms. The following article gives an idea about programming paradigms:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.