Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings p2

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
code shows quotes around entire string end quotes dont seem to be ending
Your code so far

const myStr =  "I am a \"double quoted\" string inside \"double quotes\""; // Change this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.99 Safari/537.36 Edg/97.0.1072.76

Challenge: Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings

Link to the challenge:

“I am a “double quoted” string inside “double quotes”” is the result of my code for some reason?

You need a . at the end of your sentence.

that doesnt change anything besides adds a period

“I am a “double quoted” string inside “double quotes”.” this is the new result

Please post the actual code. Its hard to see what’s wrong without the updated code.

const myStr =  "I am a \"double quoted\" string inside \"double quotes\"."; // Change this line

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Works for me now.

im not sure what you did ?

I copied the last code you provided into the challenge and clicked “Run the Tests”.

so ive done it correctly ?
but the website doesnt think so?

Did you use this version:

instead of your original version? This is the version that worked for me.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.