I’m wondering if anyone else has seen any timezone offset related problems in the date property of logs test in the updated exercise tracker tests. I ran the new tests against a passing project and noticed the new checks on the log property formats and was surprised that the project was failing the checks on the date since I was already using
Date().toDateString() (well, it’s equivalent in Ruby), the format was correct, and it really was a string. After some debugging, I realized that I was working within the offset of my time zone and midnight and that could be causing date confusion.
To eliminate as many problems on my end as possible, I ran the example project against the tests and it also failed the date property test. I ran the tests again this morning, when the dates should be the same outside of the time zone offset, and all tests pass with my project and the example project.