Fair warnings to starters

That is a good explanation.
Still, it’s so many things. People often just say “the API” without any context. It’s like saying “the fruit”. I used the fruit for this and the fruit for that, instead of saying banana or orange or mango for example.

after a year of learning, you already learned too much to stop. Otherwise, everything is wasted. If you are not patient enough, then cultivate it, work around. You can achieve whatever you want if you are willing to do whatever it takes.

This is too easy to blame FCC for our own disappointments. I encourage you to reflect on yourself, take a break if needed but keep pushing. Learn to get comfortable in your own incomfort

I really hope newcomers don’t see this post and decide not to try because of it.

I have had my fair share of issues along the way, and there were several times where I felt like I wasn’t cut out for programming because I was struggling. But I got past each of those instances by asking for help, googling, supplementing with other learning sites, etc.

2 Likes

and then you read the forum and you understand it’s a matter of learning to solve problems rather than to learn. Self control and management of emotions like frustration is where the game is at.
Frustration is a give.
Accept the feeling of not knowing what to do, learn to live with the pain of uncertainty, and you will succeed.

1 Like

And meditation is an amazing tool that helps you to settle, center and to be with yourself.